Aphrodisiacs

Say you were going to invite over a guy to cook and for some sexy tunes. Does anyone have anything they like to cook? Drinks?

2 Likes

Well I would def say don’t do ribs :joy:

I feel like making sushi or pizza together could be fun. I do also love pasta maybe it’s the whole Lady and the Tramp spaghetti scene that makes it cute and romantic. Well what’s not to love about Italian food?

I know people say oysters are an aphrodisiac but lately with all the norovirus around and plus not everyone likes that kind of thing…probably a skip!

1 Like

I’m a dietitian (although I don’t really practice in the traditional sense anymore), and the most practical answer I can give here is to make something light. You don’t want to be weighed down for sexy time. :laughing: Chicken with mushrooms served with pasta could give you a nice boost of carbs without being too dense. As for the drinks, I would ask him what he likes and have that available. When I was dating I always did that and it made the man feel very taken care of. I actually always have brandy on hand for my sweetheart. As for me, wine or champagne is my personal aphrodisiac. I would imagine that can be different for everyone though, so you do you. :champagne: :wink:

2 Likes

as a non cook, I have a surprisingly vast array of aprons and they’ve always been so well received, it didn’t matter what I was making. Kidding but serious! Men seem to really fetishize women in aprons. This doesn’t answer your question, but it has gotten me out of cooking on many occasions.

4 Likes

@as_per_danielle Did you end up doing the dinner date? If so, how did it go?

I agree with a lighter dinner, I don’t feel like getting it on if I’m having a food baby, have the meat sweats, or am in a carb coma. My man likes savory meats and lots of seafood, and he likes good wine or a nice gin or rum, so I pair according to what we’re eating. It is different for everyone, some people don’t like seafood, but we love it so I often make some savory seafood applies, nibble away the evening, have some drinks, and let things go where they go…

I can share some ideas, but not sure if this already happened, or if the person you’re cooking for likes seafood, or you do? I have a plethora of ideas either way, it just depends on what they like. Sometimes simple IS best, making homemade pizzas or pasta and salad together, etc!

2 Likes

Haha this is amazing…. I need to try the apron thing!!! In heels!!! :wink:

2 Likes

This one is from Antropologie in Canada, my browser will only show Mexico but Vancouver’s S Granville had tons. It even has POCKETS! I am obsessed. I play loose and fast with hot sauces so aprons have practical purposes, too.

ps trusting this safe space not to judge the abject chaos of my home

5 Likes

Hahaha you’re amazing! I love this pic! The apron is so cute too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m totally going to do the apron thing and see if it gets me a few more glances haha. Cute.

2 Likes

haha you look very wholesome - like you should be making apple pie or something LOL. Very cute

2 Likes

LOLOL appearances are deceiving :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I love this, @Kimber that is awesome, you look great! Apron’s are practical and sexy, agreed.

I have been known to cook wearing only an apron and heels a couple of times back in the day.

Our anniversary is this week, this gave some retro inspo dusts off apron and plastic pumps

5 Likes

Happy anniversary! Hope your celebrations are fun and love-filled :heart:

1 Like

Happy anniversary!!! :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::heart::heart:

Happy anniversary my friend!

Happy anniversary friend!!! XOXOXO

very cute! but why are wearing a top? :wink:

1 Like

actually, I like having the sex BEFORE dinner! as do some men I’ve dated with before, and currently. be cute in some lingerie, take a bath/shower, make a cocktail, pour a glass of wine… if you feel you want or need something to nibble on, something light like a seafood cocktail of some kind, or a light fresh cheese- not a huge charcuterie/fromagerie as that can be heavy- afterwards then yes! ooh…fresh figs stuffed with gorgonzola - baked… so. good. you can also wrap them with bacon if you like. also fresh figs, though hard to get good ones are great with a little prosciutto…mmmm… it really is nice to do it beforehand! then just relax over dinner talking through the night!

2 Likes

Oooh that is a lovely idea. Then you’re relaxed afterwards and maybe feel even more opened up…and then possibly round 2, 3… :kiss: :star_struck:

A little snack plate is great with all the different sweet, sour, spice notes.

1 Like

yes! there’s nice pillow talk being awake after and you can order in dinner, stay in bed if you want or whatever!

Ohhhhh i like the idea of sex before dinner… then you can use dinner and dessert to flirt and get hot and heavy again!!! :wink: