Dermaplaning - Have you tried it?

I went for a facial today! I was happy to hear that the esthetician said I was doing most of the right things! I was also excited to try dermaplaning! My skin is so soft now! Does anyone else do it? Do you always go to the spa or do at home? How often? I love how it brightens my skin.

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Great photo of you definitely glowing. I miss getting facials. I feel like since the pandemic I’ve only gone once. It’s so relaxing. I’m not sure I’ve tried derma planing - what is it? I have used lasers before as well as micro abrasion. Lasers hurt really bad but the results are amazing. I had freckles that I felt were making me look older and the laser helped make it appear more youthful and it was baby soft. It’s been over a year and my freckles haven’t come back too much.

1 Like

Looking radiant!! I haven’t tried it before but I’ll bug my younger sister for some deets!

2 Likes

Wow! I had never heard of this, but your skin looks amazing! I just looked it up and found some places nearby that offer this service. I’m not working, so I can’t afford anything right now, but I’ll keep this in mind. I have pretty good skin, but I have some sun damage from a bad sunburn on my face, causing dark patches that I hate. I also have some spots from old blemishes that seem to be lingering, so I was really keen to get microderm abrasion, but now have no budget for that. Since there are some at home options for dermaplaning, I’m interested to hear who has tried any good ones!

2 Likes

Wow great skin! I’ve never heard of it either. Is there downtime? I just did Thermage and I think I love it!!!

2 Likes

ooh I’ve wanted to try Thermage how painful is it and what’s the recovery time?I love hearing everyone’s skin tips and would love to learn more

1 Like

They basically scrape off the top layer of dead skin and all the baby hairs so your skin is soft and smooth and serums absorb better!

2 Likes

I’m actually off work too but a local spa had a sale that was buy a facial for $99 and get dermaplaning free and it’s usually $100 alone. I wanted to try it forever so I figured treat yourself!!

3 Likes

Ok def one I want to try in the future. Also now that mask mandates are dropping everywhere, it’s time to show off our faces again

3 Likes

I’m actually sad to see the masks go as I’ve enjoyed skipping makeup & waxing so much :joy:

2 Likes

I just shave my face with one of those little face razors …I need to try this lol

1 Like

How cute are you!!! Looks like it worked! Maybe need to try this…

1 Like