Did anyone read this?

I’m at a point in my life where I want to have kids still, or at least fit it to still be an option, but I gave t found anyone yet. This gives me some hope at least that there are still options!

5 Likes

Yeah it’s such a beautiful article. Good luck on your journey!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!

I am 42 and still casually trying, but not interested in doing anything, other than seeing what mother nature wants to happen. I do have some of the fears she talks about in this article, about losing myself, or how hard it is to be an older mother. After reading this, and at my core, I still think that IF we have a baby, I will never regret it, and the positives will far outweigh anything else. If we don’t, we’ll keep growing our pet family :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, and definitely, you can do this if it is your dream, I believe that.

1 Like

There are a lot more options now and a lot more conversations about this topic. I would say though as someone who had kids in my early thirties but was considered “maternally much older” (I had infertility issues) and had a very difficult pregnancy and traumatic birth experience, is just do as much research as you can and understand the whole process is very much one that is out of your own control. It’s quite up and down and like most births, you really don’t have any control over what is going to happen. The best thing I did was I found an online support group going through what I was going through (much like this message forum) and it was really a life saver.

3 Likes