Fave foundation?

I usually do a mineral powder foundation, but I’m considering g trying a liquid more full coverage again. Anyone have any suggestions? The il makiage ads say they can colour match in the internet!?

2 Likes

I have never been a makeup person but I’ve gotten really really into it lately, mostly because my best friend is an incredible makeup artist and a few times she’s done my makeup for events, she literally transformed me into some magical sex goddess haha. Literally I was like a different person. I was so fascinated I asked her to teach me and it brought me down this rabbit hole of wanting to learn more and more, and buy more and more products haha! I’m obsessed. ANYWAY, back to your foundation question, I use one called C+C for full coverage because it’s 50 SPF and is really a good coverage. I also love the products by Ilia because I feel like I’m actually doing something good for my skin when I use it. I use the Skinceuticals fereuleic + C serum first, then the Ilia primer which is a lot of good stuff for the skin, then the foundation. I don’t believe in color matching on the internet. I can barely color match in store haha. I just happened to find the perfect Ilia match after two tries, they worked with me on the process. Once you find a good one, though, it’s amazing.

3 Likes

I’m always struggling to find a good foundation…mostly also like @JADE I’m not a big makeup person. I prefer more sheer coverage but now that I’m older I probably need more. I have used mineral before and I do like those. I do see those il making concealer ads and wonder if it’ll work for me. It’s so hard to buy makeup too on the internet without trying.

2 Likes

I use il Makiage and love love LOVE it! It took 2 tries to get the perfect shade but now I get compliments on my skin and makeup all the time. I use to only use BB and CC creams and then powder on top but as I’ve gotten older and moved around I find that I need more moisturizing. I’ve got it down to a science now. I use SkinMedica Lytera 2.0 after every time I wash my face (helps keep brown spots and wrinkles away and lighten spots you do have). Then during the day I wear Glo SPF - the best moisturizing SPF I’ve ever seen and I’ve tried a ton since I’m blonde and blue eyed and burn easily. It goes on like a moisturizer and seems like it’s greasy but wait 2 min and it soaks in without any whiteness. Then, I use the il Makiage foundation, also very moisturizing. I still use Bare Minerals Mineral Veil to finish everything up and set it and give a dewy finish. I also use SkinMedica’s retinol at night 3 times a week. Ever since I started getting adult acne in my late 30’s I went to the dermatologist (a couple now) and my skin has truly transformed. I’m almost 44 now and my skin looks better than ever in my opinion. Has anyone tried collagen yet? I just started adding powder collagen (derived from Hemp/CBD) to my water everyday, since it’s all the rage and it seems every older celebrity is doing it. I’m not done with the first month yet but I think it’s helping already.

5 Likes

I started using the cc cream from IT cosmetics and I really like it. It’s not cakey, has full coverage, and feels great on my skin. I also really like the Tarte Water Foundation. It’s another liquid foundation with great coverage, and it feels light and is hydrating.

3 Likes

i got my hands on the elf cc cream its been great… the covergirl olay one is pretty good and old trusty is the maybelline stay fit lol

4 Likes