Feeling the need to rejuvenate with noninvasive procedures

I know this has been a hot topic here - the desire to keep looking youthful through various procedures (surgical and non-surgical). I have done laser before and it hurt super bad but the results were great but I hated how time consuming it was to prepare for it as well as the avoidance of sun.

I’m really feeling like my face has aged a lot recently with the sun exposure I’ve had. It feels dry, more wrinkly and kind of deflated looking. I’m careful with using sun protection but I guess two tropical trips in two months is doing a number on my face. Since my botox is up I have asked for a consult on other procedures to see if I perk up a bit in terms of the face…maybe fillers? Maybe losing a bit of fat too overall is showing up in my face and not in a good way. I look gaunt.

I know there are those of you on here who feel strongly about not going down this path but I really feel like I want to do something right now. My body is in great shape but I feel like I have this kind of tired, haggardly face and I no longer can look effortlessly cute in pictures. I’m probably being vain but I also don’t feel I need to explain myself as to why I want to have these things done.

Anyways just an open discussion to talk!

2 Likes

I think it’s okay to be vain. I also know that with the focus on youth and beauty, women are constantly made to believe that aging makes them less attractive. I have no suggestions for you. I just wanted you to know that I’m sure you’re not alone in this and that you’ll find a lot of women who support and empathize with what you’re going through. I’m passed that stage, but I remember how difficult it was.

3 Likes

I think you need to do what ever makes you feel the best … if you need Botox and fillers … get it … Want to get your face lasered have atter … wear that lipstick anyone that says else is insecure with themselves

3 Likes

I don’t have an opinion on what others do! I think, echoing the others here, whatever you do that makes you happy and comfortable is what matters.

I say I’ll never get botox, but who knows? I definitely hear you on the sun (shocker) and also losing face fat. I for a brief moment, thought I’d gained dimples, but realized that I’ve just lost face - literally, so there are new creases.

I have friends that swear by Retinol A, that is no invasive and I don’t think it hurts. I also have friends who have a filler regimen that they swear by and they seem so confident and happy right after.

What matters is how you feel, don’t worry about what anyone says or thinks.

3 Likes

@KatherineH @carlz @Kimber Thanks for chiming in ladies! I am booking in soon to redo my botox anyways and I will get a consult. I won’t go crazy with anything that will give me fish face but I am feeling like I would like a bit of a perk up. I’m also looking at finally getting my brows done. Maybe when I’ve done that I’ll feel like it’s enough - who knows? I haven’t had any micro blading or anything like that before.

2 Likes

Glad you’re feeling better about your direction.

1 Like

I’m terrified of needles and stuff so I’ll draw my eyebrows and rely on my good genes to keep the wrinkles away lol

1 Like

@KatherineH @Kimber Well I did it - got my botox re-upped and I had some fillers put in. I have to say I am super pleased with the very natural looking results and I’m 100% glad I did it. I was going to do the microblading thing too but now that I researched it more and talked to friends who had it done 3-4 years ago, I don’t want to do it anymore.

2 Likes

Good for you! Glad you did what made sense for you and that you’re pleased with the results. I confess, I keep passing Botox clinics here in PV and wonder if I’ll ever change my mind. Your insights are helpful! Thanks for sharing

Thanks my friend. Well it’s def a bit painful over night and I have some swelling today but it’s normal. So far so good. I’m glad it lasts for a couple of years because I can’t imagine doing it regularly so this is perfect for me. For botox I usually only need it once every 6 months so it’s not too bad.

1 Like

Love that! I love my Botox and have tried some really light fillers. My girlfriend got threading done on her face and it looks really incredible. The techniques they use these days look so natural, you can barely even tell if at all. Just something def looks different!

2 Likes

Botox is a game changer!!! I’m a big fan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am considering it more than I have before, which is still not very seriously. I may try the face cream retinol A as it is available here and is non surgical. Again - that is not judgment at those who choose surgical or minimally invasive or whatever procedures, I just feel like I made a hill to die on. Just currently that hill is…sun damaged and crinkly

I know people who love retinol A and I wanted so badly for it to work for me but I couldn’t stand the irritation. A good alternative is laser treatment to help with sun damage (sun spots). It IS painful though and I found a bit high maintenance as you have to avoid the sun for a while beforehand and use this cream that’s kind of annoying but the results were really good. Made my skin super soft and fresh looking and got rid of my sun spots that I felt made me look older. I’ve also heard of treatments that can stimulate collagen production - I’m not sure exactly what those are called.

it’s 5 days now and I’m pretty happy with the filler. The swelling and hardness has come down a lot and I don’t have any pain.

1 Like

I am talking to a rejuvenation clinic right now. I had to send a video of myself squinting haha. I sort of want to look fresh for the Toronto visit I have, I will be seeing friends from University AND trying to woo investors for one of my clients. Thank you all for your input! I feel less alone and borderline excited.

1 Like

Lots of love to ya! Feel free to DM me :slight_smile: