Hair colouring?

Hello everyone! Hair is such a personal thing so I thought it’d be okay to ask in here. Where are you at in your journey?

I’m so glad that more women are embracing their natural hair colours when they want to, I’m seeing more people rocking their greys.

I’m not ashamed or embarrassed about my greys, I was super excited when I got my first in my early 30s. For me, I really enjoy my hair colours reflecting my mood/aura. It’s usually a dark burgundy as I still love that colour for me. So I think I’ll keep it up for few more years as I usually have my hair down to my butt & it’ll probably take 4-5 years grow it out. . I wish it was easier to just go from roots the 3ft of beautiful silver/grey.

Have any if you stopped colouring yet? Or do you plan on it?

2 Likes

Great question and topic. I have not noticed any greys yet although the other day my child pulled one out to show me and I was surprised. It’s hard for me to know for sure because I have been lightening my roots forever. I’m pretty sure I will have greys soon as my mother did. I have seen some super pretty grey tones out there - I guess I will have to wait to see how it matches my colouring and if I like it. I like some of the very greyish lilac shades I’ve seen and I think that could be really fun. I went dark for this past winter but I’m hoping to get quite blonde again for summer…lol if I have the time to sit in the chair for it.

2 Likes

I got my first grey at 27 but this year they got much more pronounced. I actually dyed my hair pink last year which I’d never done before and back to blonde now but I kinda wanna do rose gold again. I’d definitely let my grey grow out maybe once I’m 50.

4 Likes

ooh I love the rose gold and pinks. That’s the good thing I think about having that lighter grey base is you can really experiment with hair colouring

2 Likes

I found my first grey hair!!! It’s right up front and center too… Definitely going to work that into my next hair coloring. UGH. It really bothers me and I wish it didn’t.

3 Likes

Interesting, and I too colour my hair a chocolate cherry brown red, and I like dying my hair as expressing how I feel. My hair is quite light brown-blonde naturally, but I don’t identify with it much. When I was younger, blonde was seen as ‘pretty’, so I often got highlights. As I got older, I had alllll kinds of colours, and most enjoy a dark but vibrant red-brown.

I now see I have a LOT of grey at 42 years old, but although I do not have kids, I have had a really stressful few years and I think that’s where it came from. I didn’t used to have much, but it looks like I have a salt and pepper look coming in. I’m not ready for it, not feeling it…

My mom has really pretty grey/brown/ash hair all blended together, so I hope mine ends up soft and nicely blended like hers! I agree, probably closer to 50 but I think I’ll just know when I do not care to dye my hair anymore. I have always loved playing with colour, so I feel like I will go for something funky to incorporate the grey, still not natural, more playful. I love those old ladies with purple-grey hair, I might rock that, ha ha! :unicorn: :rainbow:

4 Likes

I love this and all the experimenting! It’s so fun to have a hair color that you truly identify with and speaks to you. I did do a mini hair transplant to help with two corners of the hairline that were receding. That’s literally one of my favorite things I’ve ever done for myself.

3 Likes

you’ll look good with any colour. You’ve had so many different ones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m pretty lucky as my blonde hair naturally blended in the greys and I keep my hair short anyways. I stopped colouring constantly in my late 40s

4 Likes

Welcome to the community and thanks for making your first post.

Do you let your hair be it’s natural color now? How did you come to that decision?

I’ve been blonde for years and wanted to try pink and it accidentally went neon!! It’s blonde with rose gold now!

2 Likes

ooh you got the rose gold! I need to see it

Love this topic! I had black hair and fair skin. Over the years, I too played with it using different colours, most of them intense to contrast against my skin and give me colour (light colours made me fade). However, there came a point where my dark hair made my wrinkles really stand out and I looked harsh. I decided to go natural. I’m now a very cool silver. It suits my complexion. I don’t look washed out and, wow, the wrinkles blend in better. I love the stage I’m at.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Scarlet Community! I’m loving some of the cool grey tones I’ve seen out there that look really chic. I’m pretty sure when I go gray and white I’ll be playing around with lilacs and pastel pinks which is so hard to achieve with naturally black hair. I also LOVE a super long silver braid.

Wow that’s a cool perspective! I bet it’s beautiful!

I only gave a few greys here and there so I still do blonde but I definitely plan on letting it go grey one day. Im glad this trend is back!

I’ve been greying since I was 18 … so I decided to just go blonde … weirdly enough after what I could assume was covid my hair is coming in darker and it’s not lifting as well. . so maybe I could go dark again haha if not after I get married I’ll just let my hair do it’s thing lol

4 Likes

Oh man in that second photo you look like Drea de Matteo from the Sopranos!!! Can’t go wrong!

1 Like

Haha haven’t had that one before … I do miss my dark alot though lol

1 Like