Happy International Women’s Day! Let’s share how awesome we are!

Hello everyone! I just turned 40 & I’m one of the few people absolutely ecstatic about this new chapter, I’m obsessed with this whole enchantress stage! I legit have been counting up since I was like 21!

Since it’s also Women’s Day let’s share at least one amazing thing about being a mature woman! It can be something personal for you or general, let’s make just celebrate the awesomeness!

I’ll go first!!

My favourite thing is that for the first time in my life I can actually start to put my energy into myself…I’m still a wife, mom of two & full time worker but I feel like I don’t need to focus all my energy to everyone else!! It’s like a whole new freedom to focus on my art and adventures not yet taken!

5 Likes

Wow you said it all! I’m 43 but my mid life awakening journey started around 38. I’m a mom of 3, own several businesses and an passionate about surfing. I divorced my lovely husband and have the best of every world - a wonderful co parent who I’m so lucky to be tied to forever, amazing kids, a thriving business life, and am sooooo enjoying the dating world! For the first time I can date and enjoy whoever the hell I want and I don’t have to care about whether they’d be good to procreate with and whether they have a degree or if they have money. All I want is a good time. I’m enjoying confidently exploring my sexuality and sexual preferences… I really feel like I’m in my sexual prime! I’m loving this time so much! Happy Intl Womens Day!!

3 Likes

By the way, love ENCHANTRESS… yesss… #magic

3 Likes

Happy International Women’s Day to all! And happy 40th - this is a truly special time in our lives where we can be confident and live freely. All of our experiences have made us who we are and we are ready to blossom and shine :slight_smile: It’s great that you feel like you have freedom to grow as an artist and to look forward to more of life’s adventures.

At 40 I feel confident in my decision making and there’s NO time for regrets or looking backwards. I am savouring all the joys and wins, big and small, and I don’t have time to wonder what if…if I want to pursue something, I just go and do it. I have a wonderful home life, my career is well balanced with my health and wellness and I feel supported by my friends. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been and just ready to get better and better everyday.

4 Likes

Nadine is the best … and is how I found this community! I’m really excited to get reading and chatting! :black_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome to our community! So happy you are here. Please feel free to hop over to the Welcome Thread and introduce yourself. We would love to learn more about you!

Welcome to the group and to your 40’s :partying_face: :boom: :rainbow: :unicorn: :sparkling_heart: I think I will refer to this as Fierce Forties, because I have awakened with a new fire in my heart since I turned 40, for real. Not to say that I do not have self doubt, or feel insecure at times, and in some ways more vulnorable, BUT, I am embracing it all as part of me an part of the path I’m on. I have put my physical and mental health first, become active every day over the last year, regularly doing meditation, and trying to clear the clutter in my life to forge a new path. I am very happily married, but have always been the one who made more money and felt obligated to do so. Last year I quit my toxic job, and my husband is supporting me to forge a new career, and put my well being first, which I am so grateful for. I feel like I am aging like a fine wine, and I do not miss being younger, because the older I get, the happier I feel, and the less F@ck$ I give about what people think of me. It is about learning to love ourselves, and our opinion is what truly matters. The ability we have to still surprise ourselves is what gets me fired up, as I have done some things I never thought that I could.

2 Likes

Your “Fierce Forties” line just gave me shivers!! I love that you feel lit up from the inside and it’s inspiring to see women like you make bold changes and put yourself health and wellness first. Our time is limited and precious so let’s make the most of what we’ve got. It might be walking into the unknown, taking risks, taking setbacks and even falling and failing but I wouldn’t give those experiences up for anything because that’s how we grow, renew and learn. Fierce Forties here we go!!! :heart_eyes: :black_heart: :fire:

3 Likes

Yes I feel this! I feel better than I’ve ever felt in my life. I’m actually physically healthier, in the best shape of my life (thank you to a little subtle plastic surgery), most confident about my body and having the most incredible sex ever. I never imagined that I could enjoy myself this much. My kids are growing up and are pretty independent, career is thriving. I’m on an incredible spiritual journey thanks to an ayahuasca retreat I went to last year that just tipped me into the rabbit hole. I’m happily divorced but as I write this I’m on a spring break ski week with my ex and our kids and it feels super comfortable. We are still a family, just a different kind. I love this, ladies, let’s redefine the 40’s!

2 Likes

That’s wonderful how everything has worked out so well and everyone is in a good comfortable place family-wise. So curious to know more about the subtle enhancements :slight_smile: and what is available to women who don’t want to do anything drastic but tweaks here and there. I do get botox twice a year but nothing else. I’ve done a laser treatment on my face and it hurt so bad but my skin was so soft after. Not sure if I want to do it again though. I hated how high maintenance it was as you couldn’t really be exposed to sun before and after which isn’t conducive to water sports.

Oh girl, this is a rabbit hole I can go down haha! I only do things that are super subtle and basically no one else can tell but me. For the face, I do thermage for collagen and skin tightening and the fraxel laser maybe 1 or 2 times a year for sun damage because I’m always outside. I use botox regularly not just on the usual forehead and eye spots but she also goes up into the hairline to lift and also does the jaw and chin areas. I’ve put some filler in my hands and go to an ocular plastic surgeon for very subtle filler in the high cheek area which smooths out the parentheses next to the mouth. I did have a pretty dramatic mommy makeover after my third child that I had been planning for years and waiting to be done with kids. I also had diastasic recti and you could put two fingers into my abs with the separation so that had to be sewn back up. The doctor said that if you sewed that back up, there would be a bunch of loose skin so it was natural to do a minor tummy tuck. I didn’t have to relocate my belly button. I love my boobs, I never wear a bra anymore. I also got the Miradry which means I never have to wear deodorant again the rest of my life. Yay! I do the Votiva for a vaginal laser, mostly as a preventative measure. I am a big believer in prevention and little subtle things here and there!

2 Likes

You look amazing! Definitely got the hot surfer bod hehe. I wanted to do thermage but haven’t tried it yet. I didn’t even know you can get filler for hands!