Hey good looking.. whatcha got cooking?

What are our thoughts on meal planning … favorite recipes and places to store our recipes … use this as a recipe share … ideas

Fav way to store recipes… copy me that… recipe storage … meal plan and shopping list in one place !

2 Likes

I have been using the New York Times Recipe app to find and manage recipes. I wish I had a great way to organize recipes I find outside of the app. I made this awesome sheet pan chicken thigh and Lear recipe last night! Only took 30 minutes from start to finish! I love my Instapot and I wish I was better with the air fryer!!!

3 Likes

give this a try WWW.COPYMETHAT.COM
… you can add a widget to google chrome and if your are on a page with a recipe it will copy it for you … I’ve gone down a deep dive lately for my meal plans lol … best of all it free

1 Like

This week I did a peanut sauce for a chicken veggie bowl which would work really well too with grilled or fried tofu too. I did zoodles instead of rice for myself and Mr. and topped it with grated carrots, some garlic mirin rice vinegar cucumbers that I marinated, seared bok choi. The peanut sauce I cheated and used store bought although I still had to fiddle with it as it was too sour so I added in water, some honey and sesame oil. The chicken breast was marinated with soy, sesame oil, a bit of chili sauce, brown sugar and oyster sauce.

I love Half Baked Harvest for comfort foods, and I also love my instant pot. I have yet to give in to the air fryer thing yet though

2 Likes

Ohhh, can you share how to make the peanut sauce???!

Half Baked Harvest is my jam … super tasty …

1 Like

I love cooking, but I don’t really use recipes, partly because I am lazy and a bit ADD, and partly because I used to cook for a living so I mostly improvise with what I have and feel like each day. Instagram is where I share my food pics and some ingredients with friends usually.

Since I typically work from home, I eat leftovers for lunch when I can, or very simple things like tuna salad (can of tuna, diced onion, pickles, cucumber, tomato if I feel like it, mashed up with mayo and mustard, salt and pepper. I dip rice crackers in, celery sticks, or just eat it up). Breakfast is 2 giant cups of coffee, and sometimes a couple of scrambled eggs, or fruit.

Dinner, that is my feast de résistance! I focus on lighter meals when I can to manage my weight challenges, so as a seafood lover I love making things like seafood stir fry with prawns, mushrooms, broccoli and onion. I also love making a good seared Ahi tuna steak with salad, and THIS is a recipe I did use: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/pan-seared-tuna-with-avocado-soy-ginger-and-lime-recipe2-1915607
I am a huge fan of making low carb dishes, like my lasagna made with sliced zucchini in place of noodles, and you can use ground turkey or no meat. It is :bomb:
EASY things that are quick and tasty for me are cooking up green lipped mussels, or prawns, with garlic, olive oil, onions, peppers, white wine, cilantro and sirracha, serve with bread or rice, and sometimes I do just a bit of pita on the side, it is DELISH!

4 Likes

That salmon looks good … I use naturals chicken slices for my noodles … adds some more protein and less moisture … I try a new recipe every couple days but I usually tweak it and make it work more for me and usually do pretty good with it … I love to cook … hate to clean up lol

1 Like

I cheated on the last round and just bought store-made but I had to tweak it anyways b/c it wasn’t right. Usually I start with PB and warm it up a bit so it’s more malleable then add water, honey, soy. I taste and go along…depending on my mood I might add rice vinegar, mirin, and samba chili paste. I don’t have a set recipe - I find so much of my cooking is just throw things together and taste it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can attest @PinkEdiVan can cook like you won’t believe. And super healthy fresh meals too. I’m always a bit hungry after seeing her food posts on Instagram!

2 Likes

I also LOVE to make things like seared albacore tuna bowls or poke bowls. Marinate fish with sesame oil, soy, mirin and encrust with sesame seeds. Sear on high just on the outside and top over rice or zoodles, add sliced avocado, pickled ginger and whatever veggies, mango, edamame. I like to shred seaweed in there too. For the sauce you can do a spicy mayo, or greek yogurt, or just soy and wasabi. It’s pretty open but I love the lean protein.

2 Likes

Almost salad season and I like the good ones with chicken or fish and lots of nuts, cheese, fruits etc in there!

1 Like

Woah…. Those look AMAZING!!!

Dinner last night :drooling_face::drooling_face:

3 Likes

Woah that looks so good! Tell me what’s all in there please :star_struck: :heart_eyes: :shallow_pan_of_food:

Recipe @carlz ?

Ok gals here it is

It was really good

This was tonight’s … a ricotta pasta

Want my weekly meal plans? Lol

3 Likes

Dinner updates!! Philly stuffed peppers and dirty rice

3 Likes

Yum! What’s in a philly stuffed pepper?

The dirty rice looks so tasty!!