IG Live discussion on starting your business - tomorrow!

A little bit of late notice here but I’m doing an IG live conversation with Erica Lester about starting a business and being an entrepreneur. Would love to have any of you ladies join in at 10:00am Pacific time! You can join by going to our IG page at: @scarletsociety_official
Thanks ladies!! :heart:

1 Like

Here is the link and reminder to turn on for the event:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Chsub_Eu8TT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

See you there!!

Thanks ladies, as always I really enjoyed what you had to say and share with us about your own journeys. I have considered consulting, and also starting a business venture, but for various reasons it hasn’t been the right time. Now that I am making a fresh start paving a new professional path, I would love to ask if you have any books or resources, podcasts, or anything else that is helpful with mapping out ideas and creating business plans? I know this is a very basic question, but I am just getting started after 20 years of operations & team management, and I have no formal degree. I’m looking for simple starting points for a non-trepreneur like me! See what I did there?

3 Likes

Great question - let’s see if entrepreneurs and consultants/freelancers @JADE @Elan @Kimber @KatherineH and any others can help answer this one.

This isn’t a business plan related resource but it’s a terrific newsletter I subscribe to. It’s a Canadian wrap up every day of the top business, economic, tech, and some culturally relevant/social news. It’s a quick 5 minute read and it really gets on the pulse of what topics are trending and macro economic trends. It’s called the Peak - you can sign up here The Peak

This book is old but I have used it in teaching seminars and for myself, multiple times throughout my career to help me navigate where my next path would go.

Make a Name For Yourself

Hope that helps!

Liv

You know, all I do is Google. I get all my tips and advice from doing this kind of research. I pick what resonates with me. I do like the School of Greatness podcast. I like Lewis Howes and his guests. Not sure if that helps? School of Greatness Podcast - Lewis Howes

2 Likes

Hi! I love the question and I’m so happy that you hopped in for a listen! I am presently leaning more towards books that generally get you excited and inspired, ready to take charge of that next phase in life. I think if you can get yourself exploring the “abundance mindset”, you can honestly do anything and your mind (and the universe!) also becomes open so many new ideas and possibilities. I see this literally every single day in my life. In my meditations, my journaling, things come up that never would have before. Some awesome resources are anything from Abraham Hicks (lots of videos and audios on YouTube and her website), books like “I Am A Badass.”, and you could even check out these podcasts on Scarlet:

How to reinvent your career at any age:

Overcoming your fears:

Midlife Awakening (with one of my personal coaches!! This one is so good!!!):

1 Like

Hey love! How exciting and what a great question! I don’t have specific books or podcasts I’d recommend but I’m happy to give you
pointers on how to do it if that would be helpful. You can email me at erica@ericajlester.com or pop me a DM on Insta.

1 Like

@Erica.j.lester @JADE @KatherineH Thank you all very much! So far I’ve listened to most of the SS podcasts and they’re all super helpful and engaging, and I always feel supported and appreciate having the chance to pick your collective brains :kissing_heart: I will keep ALL of this in mind along my journey, much appreciated! @ModLila you inspire and support me any time I am around you, period, so thanks for being you!

2 Likes

Awww I love this so much!!! Thank you for the feedback!! We are also always open to suggestions on what topics you’d like to hear about!!!

1 Like

Can I just say “I second all that love” to @ModLila!

3 Likes

@PinkEdiVan aw thanks ladies for all the love! I really enjoy seeing our community grow and how we can inspire and help each other attain everything that we want and more. Good things all around to come <3

2 Likes

Awe! I am so glad you found value in it! It was so great to have such a fun and informative chat. If I can ever be of help on your journey I’m here!

1 Like

Hey ladies! I’ll be live solo tomorrow talking about the energetics of success. I’d love to have you join me if that topic interests you. These things are so much more fun when there are amazing women like you as part of the conversation. Here’s the link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiLWdMbu0cM/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Ohhh I love this topic!! It’s all about energy :wink:
I’ll check in!

1 Like

Yessss it is!

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you’ve got this! Your success in this, as in all things, is inevitable :heart:

1 Like

Awesome thanks for sharing! I’m such a believer in energy too and I’ve always used it to attract and envision what I wanted in my life. I’ll try to hop on if I can!

1 Like