Living life to the fullest..:

I came across this beautiful poem:

I’ll just take a minute and remind you
That we only have one lifetime on this earth…
It zooms by… and before you know it,
It’s gone.
So don’t waste a precious second living in mediocrity.
Go after what gives you goosebumps…
~Ala

What gives you goosebumps?

6 Likes

Yes it’s so true! Times passes by too fast and in a blink it can end or be altered forever.

One of my favourite modern day poets is Nikita Gill - has anyone heard of her? One of my faves below:

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 12.04.06 PM

4 Likes

Awww yes I love this one!!! I actually was going to have apart of this on my tattoo!

1 Like

No ways!! That’s amazing. It’s from her last book, Where Hope Comes From, which has been a source of calm, inspiration and strength through all of the pandemic for me personally.

3 Likes

What really gives me goosebumps, is when I step out of my comfort zone, put my fear aside, and dive into something that scares me. It actually doesn’t even matter if I am considered successful, or if it appears that I have failed, it is the act of being brave and trying to grow that stimulates me. Quitting my job in 2021 with no plan, because it no longer served me, and became toxic to my mental & physical health. Going bungee jumping off a bridge in Whistler, and repelling down a 200 foot waterfall in Costa Rica. Getting married to someone I always felt I was not good enough for, and trusting that he DOES see me as enough, even if sometimes I could not. As I get older and wiser, I am trying to embrace this differently than when I was fearless (more like careless) in my 20’s and early 30’s. Now, I am not doing crazy things to appear brave, nor am I worrying about trying to only do things I am good at. I want to be courageous enough to look stupid, or do things I am not very good at, just because I enjoy trying new things, and just enjoy them. I feel like I will really get goosebumps when I can leave perfectionism behind me, show up as my true self, and bask in my own glow without judgement. Someday, I will rock karaoke and not need several drinks first LOL!

3 Likes

I love this, a thousand times over! Go girl!!!

3 Likes

Reminds me of my tattoo!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful but I can’t read it… what does it say?

2 Likes

It says “and the rest is rust and stardust” :sparkles::star2:

2 Likes

OMGGGGG I LOVE THAT. Gave me goosebumps!!! <3

2 Likes