Making the first move

Yep you’re correct!!

1 Like

I will!! Ugh I hate the early dating stage

2 Likes

By the way, have you texted him between dates? If not, then maybe worth a try. Maybe it gives him permission.

2 Likes

keep us posted! I have zero dating advice since I haven’t dated anyone since my 20s lol but I would guess if he keeps seeing you and is planning a menu he’s into you? Some guys aren’t good with communication, including text.

2 Likes

Yes I gave! And he has done it before but it’s still semi short!?

Oh I see. Well, maybe he’s just not pushy. I find that women, more than men, want everything clear. Men, meanwhile, are such guys. They have no idea, lol.

2 Likes

Have you had any physical interactions beyond like hug hellos etc? Do you know his dating history? I mean, planning the menu thing is pretty beyond the norm for most guys, but have you gotten any vibes from him? I am cringing that I typed “vibes” in total sincerity.
But what is the goodbye like? How do you leave things? I know I am jumping the gun as you’ve mentioned Wednesday is the next hang. Is there any physical touching? To me it hinges on the goodbye. I haven’t dated in a whiiiiile and no idea what it’s like post (?) COVID, but I would think you can glean a lot from the parting.

3 Likes

Just remember you are worth it and keep spreading that bird seed in other yards :wink: that being said he needs to put more of an effort in … On the flip side just grab him … lay a smooch down right when you see him and it will break what ever tension or anxieties he may have about kissing you !

3 Likes

Any update? Has he texted since? :rofl:

1 Like

It is the worst but also fun? Kinda? One thing I find weird about being married is that there isn’t much delightful, bittersweet anticipation.

2 Likes

it seems kinda fun! lol I’m a long time married old lady so it seems exciting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have!! And he will reply and we’ll chat a bit

There’s a bit of touching but we’ll see more tomorrow if it’s a bit more flirty! Fingers crossed

6 Likes

HAHAHA yes, sitting on the. edge of my seat!!!

1 Like

Yeah, the early stages are fun but a bit annoying, when trying to mind read lol It’s good that you asked him out, and it sounds like he is having a good time, since he’s going and being thoughtful when you’re together. Just text him a bit, and see how he responds. Some people are just not that into texting, or maybe he is self-conscious, but if you text him a bit casually he’ll feel more comfortable, it is hard to say. It sounds like you’re having fun, that is what matters most to start. I am pretty direct, and I like feeling chased a little, so I don’t mind being more aggressive to start, but if someone isn’t making me feel like I’m on their mind much I dropped them. That is what I loved about dating my now husband, he used to call me after dropping me off on dates, on his drive home, to tell me he had a good time and when can we go out again. Like, NOBODY does that, and he was a former ‘player’, so it showed me he really changed, and was really into me, not just playin…I was like, I like this, keep this shit UP! Tell me I’m pretty and bring me snacks LOL Keep us posted on your adventuressss!

2 Likes

Ok so update: he needed to reschedule because of work!! But I’m away for the long weekend in Kelowna. So I suggested maybe Monday and we’ll see what he says. If he doesn’t reach out I’m leaving it tho.

2 Likes

You were flexible and offered up an option… it’s a 2 way street time to man up and realize your a catch

3 Likes

He’s the one who cancelled so he’s the one who should have presented another option. Since you did then, in the future and to quote Carlz, it’s time he “manned-up”.

4 Likes

Good fir you for sticking to your values!

2 Likes

hhhmmm. welp. intersting. it’s new so don’t put all your eggs in one basket- keep dating even if they’re not what you think you want- it’s VERY good and instructional to date different types of men. and also be patient. there really is not a play book. make the journey of discovering what it is / will be / or won’t be, part of the fun. also guys are REALLY simple! lol. don’t overthink it- we chics are so good at that! which is also ok! good luck and let us know!

2 Likes