Spring mini hikes

Hey ladies!!! I’m so happy to see the sun out even if it’s only quickly between rainstorms. Anyone have any fun short hikes in the lower mainland they like?:evergreen_tree:

I LOVE parks and hiking and beautiful walking trails, which is why I LOVE living in the Greater Vancouver area :green_heart:

I was going to say Quarry Rock in Deep Cove but it appears to be closed due to Covid concerns and the inability to distance. It’s quite steep and narrow but the view at the top is EPIC and its less than an hour to the top. Hopefully it opens this summer or soon…

• Lighthouse Park in West Van is beautiful and easy! I haven’t been in a couple of years so I need to go soon for sure, it’s gorgeous.
  • Lynn Canyon/Lynn Headwaters has lots of trails and places to cool off in the water in the summer.

I live in the Tri-Cities area. Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Moody have some beautiful trails and parks that are light and scenic:

• Rocky Point around the water in Port Moody, you can actually go quite far, way past the boardwalks as more of a hike. Ice cream there, even dog ice cream, water views, brewery row all along a strip there with food trucks and great craft beers!
  • Deer Lake in Burnaby is a fav, not a hike but a beautiful walk around the lake in just over an hour, stunning views and lots of birds and wildlife, surrounded by lush flower gardens and a beach with swings.
  • Burnaby Lake is full of birds, easy to get to, lots of biking around there, though IMO Deer Lake is way nicer and there are no mosquitos lol hate em!
  • Como Lake in Coquitlam is a small lake, you can do several laps on a gravel path, and even fish in the lake. Small, but good for a few laps and a nice water view.
  • Mundy Park is my GO TO and it is actually very large, just off Austin in Coquitlam. It has a big off leash dog park area & trails, on leash areas, Frisbee Golf! Nuff said. It also has 2 lakes in the park, and lush with trees and water. I go here at least once a week, it is my happy place :rainbow:
2 Likes

@as_per_danielle Wow great suggestions! Definitely the area is blessed with plenty of hiking trails. Lynn Valley is great and on the west side, Pacific Spirit Park offers many options.

2 Likes

Ooh thanks this is great!!