Thanking your body

Found this poem & it made me remember not to be so hard on myself. I thought it’d be cool to say one piece of gratitude for our bodies. And it’s not only to make babies, so don’t let that stop you from replying…our bodies are amazing!

I’ll go first, I’m thankful for my big strong legs that let me hike into the beautiful mountains that surround me.

:heartpulse::mountain_snow::sunrise_over_mountains:

The female body was never supposed to be smooth, firm and flawless. It was designed to create life, to host life, to feed life.

Yes there are many other amazing aspects to us all but underpinning our fight to retain a ‘figure’, is a whole network of genetics, science and an entire evolutionary process which wants to create, store and produce fat for protection and hormonal health. If you are losing a battle for slimness, do not for a moment think this is your fault. You are trying to blow away the wind.

Feed yourself well, physically, mentally and spiritually, and then enjoy your life with the vessel you inhabit. It’s a one shot only thing. Peace, laughter and acceptance are the best medicines around.

Author : Donna Ashworth Words

2 Likes

This is such a good reminder! I’m glad I gave laugh lines because I had something to laugh about!

2 Likes

Great poem and thread! I’m grateful for my hands. They held my mom’s hands as she died and, sometimes when I touch them, I can feel her skin in my imagination.

3 Likes

I love this thread! I am grateful for my body’s ability to swim and surf still. And although my arms are skinny I am grateful they can hug and carry my boys still even as they are getting bigger and nearly as tall as me.

1 Like

Just saw this and thought I should share:

''Today I asked my body what she needed,

Which is a big deal

Considering my journey of

Not Really Asking That Much.

I thought she might need more water.

Or protein.

Or greens.

Or yoga.

Or supplements.

Or movement.