The Explainer: Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)

How do you know if you have a yeast infection? Sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s just irritation or if it’s bacterial vaginosis. If you have experienced symptoms of BV before, please share what your signs of a yeast infection were and how you were able to treat and relieve it.

The Explainer: Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)

At 43 years old, I all of a sudden got chronic BV for the better part of a year. The first time I got it, I was pretty freaked out. It definitely wasn;t a yeast infection, the smell really got to me. I really wanted to take care of it naturally (I tried everything - boric acid, baking soda, etc…) but I think it was just too far along. I used the metro gel and I got BV several times after that. the last time I got it, I took oral antibiotics which is always my very very last resort, but I was pretty desperate. It hasn’t come back since, thank gooooodness ugh. Now I think that there are things you can do naturally to prevent it in the first place. I think it’s really about promoting a healthy vaginal microflora environment for healthy microbials to defend its environment. In the end, I think there is way too little information out there for women on what this is and most don’t even know that it exists. We can’t treat what we don’t talk about.

1 Like